- At Davidsons I am a director of our audit and assurance division having been at Davidsons for over 30 years.
- I chose the accounting profession as a career as it was something that came easy and naturally to me whilst at Secondary School though there is very little of what I do now that came naturally to me those many years ago.
- And my clients love me because I have a strong work ethic and am prepared take the extra time to fully understand their business and work closely with them to resolve issues as they arise.
- The team would describe me as friendly and approachable.
- Something you may not know about me is that I originally came to Geelong in the early 1980’s as a recruit of the Geelong Football Club during the time of Billy Goggin and Tom Hafey as coach. A short-lived time full of great memories.
- My weekends are usually spent at the football (Winter) and generally with family and in tasting many of the culinary delights that this great region has to offer.
- The number one thing I love about Davidsons and my career is that it has offered me the opportunity to have worked from the base up to becoming a shareholder of the business and has given me the life skills and experience that makes me the person I am today.
Stephen is a chartered accountant and a director of audit and assurance at Davidsons.
Stephen has served as a board member of Barwon Health, is a board member of a local Community bank and is a member of a number of audit and risk committees. He is a registered company auditor, a self-managed superannuation fund auditor and a graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Stephen has a range of clients including both for-profit and not-for-profit organisations with key industry groups including health and community services, aged care, membership bodies, clubs and charities. He also acts as agent for the Victorian Auditor General.
Stephen also provides consultancy services to a number of rural health services including reporting to the board and to government and taking on a virtual CFO role in some instances to these organisations.
Stephen has the technical knowledge and experience in auditing and financial reporting necessary to meet the needs of his clients.
Stephen and the Davidsons audit team can help you with:
External audit services
- Statutory end of year audits
- Sales audits
- Review engagements
- Trust account audits (real estate agents, solicitors, accountants)
- Regulatory audits (AFSLs, Aged Care providers)
- Grant funding acquittals
Financial Report Preparation
Accounting Standards Compliance/Training
Due Diligence Reviews
Internal Control Reviews