The Australian Government has announced that they will soon be taking Round 2 applications for the Australian Small Business Advisory Services – Digital Solutions small business grant.
What is the Australian Small Business Advisory Services – Digital Solutions Grant?
The Australian Small Business Advisory Services – Digital Solutions Grant aims to help service providers to offer low cost, high quality advisory services to Australian small businesses to digitalise their business.
Across a 4 year timeframe, a funding amount of $18.6 million will be allocated across 3 defined coverage areas. Funding allocation for each area will be granted up to the following amounts:
- $6.51 million for Area 1: New South Wales (NSW) and Australian Capital Territory (ACT);
- $5.58 million for Area 2: Queensland (QLD), Northern Territory (NT) and Western Australia (WA); and
- $6.51 million for Area 3: South Australia (SA), Victoria (VIC), Tasmania (TAS).
If your business services more than one of these designated areas, you may apply for more than one grant.
What can I use this grant for?
This grant is designed to support business digitalisation. Therefore, this grant is structured to support service providers to help digitalise Australian businesses across five areas called ‘priority capabilities’. The five priority capabilities within this grant include:
- Digitalising your business;
- Website and selling online;
- Social media and digital marketing;
- Using small business software; and
- Online security and data privacy.
Is my business eligible for this grant?
You can apply for this grant if you:
- Are an eligible entity;
- Have an eligible project;
- Have eligible expenditure;
- Provide services to one or more of the selected coverage areas;
- Improve, support, and enhance small businesses’ digital competency including (but not limited to) the priority digital capabilities;
- Meet the service requirements; and
- Can provide evidence form your board that the project is supported.
When do applications open for this grant?
Applications for the Australian Small Business Advisory Services – Digital Solutions Round 2 open on Monday, September 19th, 2022, at 10:00am (AEST).
Applications will close on Friday, November 11th, 2022, at 5:00pm (AEDT).
How do I apply for this grant?
Once the online application form is available, you are required to submit your application through the online portal.
In order to submit your application you must first set up an account. Further information will be released on the application process once applications for this grant are open.
What action can I take to prepare my application?
Though you cannot currently apply for this grant, there are steps you can take in order to prepare your application.
Grant Application Checklist
Business Australia have a resource available called the Grant Application Checklist. This checklist takes you step-by-step through the grant application process to ensure you and your business are grant ready.
Sample Application Form
To prepare your application, you can download and complete a Sample Application Form. This form lists the questions that will be included on the formal online application, helping you to understand what information you will need to list in your application and what additional documents you will need to attach.
Contact Our Office
Our team of experts are here to support you throughout the grant application process. To get in touch with our office, contact us on either 03 5221 6399 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was written by Marketing Coordinator Meghan Carr.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is factual in nature and objectively ascertainable and, therefore, does not constitute financial product advice. Importantly, the factual information that has been supplied does not take into account your personal circumstances, objectives or goals.