We understand what it means to build a business, and that for many people their business is their ‘superannuation’. Ensuring the maximum value is received for the business without creating an excessive tax bill has a major bearing on the level of comfort in retirement. Whatever the reason for selling, our expert team is ideally placed to assist in the successful transition of the business to new owners or the next generation.
Planning is everything and even if selling seems like a distant goal did you know that it usually takes a two to three year timeframe to properly plan and execute business transition?
We provide a specific suite of services that address the following critical questions:
- What is the market value of my business?
- Do I have a Business Owners Agreement?
- Have I adequately cross-insured myself?
- Will I walk away or attempt to sell?
- How does my family view my business?
- Have I identified a successor?
It is never too early to plan for the future, if you would like to discuss how we can help you set up your succession and/or transition plan please contact us today.