- At Davidsons I am an Audit Director in charge of mainly external audits of clients’ financial statements.
- I chose Auditing because I like getting out and gaining an understanding of a variety of businesses and organisations and getting to know the people in those organisations. It involves using skills in dealing with people to get the job done. It also uses accumulated knowledge to identify risks and ensure the end result is technically correct.
- My clients love me because I am approachable, responsive to their requests and commit to working to their deadlines. Also I have up-to-date technical knowledge which they often don’t have the time or resources to gain themselves
- The team would describe me as approachable, empathetic, calm and client focused.
- Something you may not know about me is that I am a member of a classic motorcycle club
- My weekends are mainly spent with my daughters and wife Debbie.
- The number one thing I love about Davidsons and my career is the client and staff relationships, the technical stimulation of dealing with tricky issues and providing a valuable service to my clients.
Stephen joined Davidsons as an Audit Manager in 2008 and was appointed Audit Director in 2015.
Stephen is a Chartered Accountant, Registered Company Auditor, Registered Self-Managed Superannuation Fund Auditor, accredited auditor of Registered Organisations, External Examiner of solicitors trust accounts and Agent of the Victorian Auditor General.
Stephen has a total of twenty-six years’ experience in public accounting and audit.
Stephen has a range of clients including both for-profit and not-for-profit organisations. The for-profit clients have included many ASX listed companies as well as locally owned private businesses. The not-for-profit organisations include many sporting and special interest clubs and associations as well as registered charities such as community service organisations and charitable foundations. He also acts as agent for the Victorian Auditor General.
Stephen is based in the Geelong office where he manages a team of auditors and his work involves travel both within Victoria and interstate to visit audit clients.
Stephen has the technical knowledge and experience in auditing and financial reporting necessary to meet the needs of his clients.
Stephen and the Davidsons audit team can help you with:
External audit services
- Statutory end of year audits
- Sales audits
- Review engagements
- Trust account audits (real estate agents, solicitors, accountants)
- Regulatory audits (AFSLs, Aged Care providers)
- Grant funding acquittals
Financial Report Preparation
Accounting Standards Compliance/Training
Due Diligence Reviews
Internal Control Reviews