- At Davidsons I am Manager of the Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) division
- I chose SMSFs as a career because I am passionate about helping people take control of their financial affairs in retirement.
- My clients love working with me because they have the peace of mind I can be trusted, relied on and accessible when they most need me.
- The team would describe me as a calming influence in stressful periods and a bit of a perfectionist.
- Something you may not know about me is I have 3 kids under 5 (2 boys and a girl) and a younger more talented brother who plays footy in the blue and white hoops for the Cats.
- My weekends are spent with my beautiful wife and 3 kids most likely at a local park/playground enjoying the sunshine and a cappuccino (Never drank coffee until I had kids!)
- The number one thing I love about Davidsons and my career is that every day a new opportunity presents itself to make a positive difference to a team member’s development or a client’s financial well being
Bio on Simon
Simon joined Davidsons in 2009 and has over 10 years in the SMSF industry. Simon is an accredited CA SMSF Specialist who has successfully transitioned into the SMSF manager role at Davidsons over the last 12 months.
Simon leads a team responsible for the ongoing administration of SMSFs and provision of strategic SMSF advice so clients can comply with complex superannuation laws.
How can Simon and the SMSF division help you?
- Assist with establishment of your SMSF (including working closely with your financial planner if required)
- Manage your SMSF’s annual taxation, audit and other statutory obligations
- Ensure your SMSF is compliant with complex superannuation laws
- Keeping you abreast of superannuation legislation changes
- Provide advice on any SMSF compliance matters that require remedial work with the ATO or the fund auditor
- Provide factual advice on the structuring options available for your next SMSF property purchase
- Provide factual advice on your eligibility to draw benefits from your SMSF
- Assist with the establishment of pensions (including working closely with your financial planner if required)
- Provide tax advice on contribution and pension strategies and monitoring of your annual contribution and pension limits
- Work together with you (and your solicitor) to provide guidance on how your super assets may be distributed on death